Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Secretly watching your toddler play...

Lately, I have been watching Kayla play from the living room couch (I am reading my book) or from the kitchen when I am preparing dinner or washing dishes... It's so amazing to watch your child... who used to be this little baby... pretend play. She loves stacking things but climbing is really her favorite thing to do. Unfortunately now she stacked AND THEN climbs the stacks! That is a whole nother story though. Watching her play in her pretend kitchen, feed her baby doll, wash her hands in the sink.... Or go into the hutch in the dining room to hide her toys... when later she finds them and acts if they were never seen before. Most of all I love watching her sing and dance. The later she does when music comes on the tv... But hearing her sing in the car is definitely a secret pleasure of mine these days. She is talking a little more and more and showing her personality everytime you turn a different corner. She loves to find your belly button and then gives it kisses... Tickle time is so much fun. She is a little less interested in books the past few weeks and more into playing with her "little people" cars and trains. I think its just her age and the fact she can't sit still much anymore... she will pick up books and go sit in her chair to look at them every once in a while... Parenthood just amazes me sometimes. Makes me feel so lucky... Brian & I created her... she is the perfect (sometimes irritating) combination of the both of us and she proves that we create marvelous things!

No comments:

Post a Comment