Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baby Wilson's "First" Yankee Game

Both Brian & I have had the privilage of going to see the NY Yankees play in the Bronx for many years.. in fact since we were very young! Through the years, between the two of us we have probably a hundred games - his first game as he remembers it was with his Dad & his older brother Denny and was the home game they played after Thurmon Munson was burried and Bobby Mercer had the game winning hit... While my first game was with my Grandpa Joe and was on July 18, 1987 when Don Mattingly homered off Texas' Jose Guzman to tie Dale Long's Major-League record of hitting a home run in eight consecutive games. Our blood has bled "blue" for many years!... In recent years, Brian has gotten season ticket packages with his brothers (which is why I was able to go yesterday - thanks Denny & Kevin!) and I started a tradition a few years back taking my Uncle Robert to games for his birthday every year!













Although Brian may beg to differ that since we got married my love for the Bombers has gotten lost. When in fact we had a "Yankee" Themed wedding... See the Grooms Cake I got for Brian at our wedding!

Brian really wanted to be able to take the "baby" to a game before he/she was actually born and while both Grandpa Wilson & Uncle Robert have expressed the desire to take the baby to its REAL first game, Brian & I wanted to be able to bring the baby ourselves... so we ended up going to the game on Saturday of Memorial Day wkend (yesterday). It was my first time visiting the NEW stadium so it was VERY exciting. The traffic getting there was not great - nor was the traffic coming home but everything in between was great! The baby even got excited every time the "Beer Man" would say "Ice Cold Beer Here" :)

Here are some photos from the game... The game was slow for the most part until the 9th inning. Thank GOD, cause I hate extra innings! Rodriguez hit a tying homer off Brad Lidge in the ninth inning and Melky capped the three-run rally with an RBI single, giving the Yankees a 5-4 victory over the Phillies! Its good thing since Daddy looked at Mommy and said "I don't want the baby's 1st memory to be a loss... they have to win"... and just as he was saying that A-Rod hit the homer!


The outside of the New Stadium, Our "Beer Man", The inside of the "Great Hall"...

View from our seats, The Board before A-Rod's Homer (I must have known!),
Unhappy Phillies Fans!


The belly (Daddy INSISTED!), The Yankees WIN!, Our 1st Family Pic at Yanks Stadium!

2 comments:

  1. You are just the cutest pregnant woman! And you two are just the icky, sweet parents my great neice or nephew needs!
    Thanks for blogging! This is a great way to feel like we get to be there!
    Love you- Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schelli, you look fantastic! Can you post some new photos of you and your belly for me to see???

    Heather

    ReplyDelete