Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Up to no good... once again!

From pulling the oven open & turning the stove gas on to climbing up on the ottoman & starting this new phase of biting when she gets pissed off... Kayla is getting close to her 1st birthday and close to the terrible 2's. Now I recently read that the "terrible 2's" actually begin for some children right after they turn ONE. I said to myself, "Jesus, this kid may deter me from having any more!".... Although she is so wonderful and brings such a smile to our faces daily, she can be quite the devil.

I am reading a book called "Positive Discipline" at the recommendation of someone I know. So far its a good book but sometimes I wonder if the author's actually ever HAD children? LOL At this age the most recomended way to discipline a child is to "remove & distract" while continueing to say "no".... God it's exhausting. Kayla just starting a new thing... when something is taken away from her she screams, pretends to cry (the face is priceless) and then drops to the floor, puts her head on the floor and bangs her arms! Where the hell did she learn that one? Or when you "remove" her... her body becomes LIMP and she flails out screaming....

Here's to looking forward to times to come! Part of me can't wait for her to TALK so there is more verbal communication... part of me should just enjoy the non verbal....

No comments:

Post a Comment