Thursday, April 12, 2012

False Alarm.... or the Beginning of a very long 2 wks!~

So this past Friday we thought our bouncing little baby was going to make an entrance... well at least I THOUGHT SO. Brian was so swamped at work (he has been due to year end close and audit stuff) so we had not really spoken often during the day. I was having contractions about every 30-45 minutes all day long with bad heartburn and my lower intestines were not cooperating... so I was in the bathroom ALOT. Once he got home and we ate dinner, I decided to take an early shower... when I got out, the contractions sped up to about 10-15 minutes and they were kicking my ASS! I called the Dr. and he said that we should head over to the hospital b/c they needed to see if I was dilating. We finally got here after someone showed up to stay with Kayla. They hooked up the machines and we started watching the contractions go off the charts! I think that is when I turned to Brian and said "do you finally believe that I have been having contractions all day?" It was a shock to him and for a little while we thought the baby was coming that night! They checked my dilation and it had not changed since my appt at the Dr. the week prior so they hooked up an IV and started pumping liquid into me! A few bags later and the contractions slowed down a bit... although everytime I had to get up to pee, they started again.... THey ended up discharging me to bed rest until my next appt. I spent most of the wkend on my butt - which for those who know me, is NOT easy...

Fast forward to Tuesday: Dr. Kessel told us the baby is approx. 8 lbs 5oz (give or take a half pound). The baby has amazing lung function and he is confident that if the baby comes early, then it will be fine! So bed rest is truly up to me... I can clean the house if I want to get this show on the road... or take it easy until the scheduled c section - when I know my cousin will be here to care for Kayla and we won't be inconvincing anyone else! I choose the later... You know me and my need to plan and have control :)

No comments:

Post a Comment