Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Perfect Help...

Finding the "perfect help" to welcome into your home... someone to be a mother's helper or Nanny to your children is such a hard thing to find! Recently I visited a friend who just had her second child... she was new to the area and needed to find someone to help out with her two year once the new baby came. When I went for the visit, this "nanny" opened the door, took my coat and offered me a drink... she showed me to the living room and told me (as a matter of factly) to take a seat and get off my feet... I am guessing my overly bulging waistline had something to do with her demands. But during my visit, this nanny cooked the family dinner, took their 2 yr old daughter AS WELL AS MINE to the potty, reminded my friend that it was almost feeding time for the newborn and offered to get him changed... GREAT SCOTTS - is this woman the new Mr. Belvedere or Tony Macelli?
The idea of having someone there to help me think about the trivial things when this new baby comes home sounds like something I would LOVE to buy into! The only 2 problems are the fact that i have NO time to look and then there is the avenue by which I actually do this search. I want someone that fits well into our home and our family. Someone I trust and feel comfortable with and someone my kids can feel the same about. Someone that respects my wishes and follows my rules!
My search begins... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment