Friday, March 26, 2010

My 1st HALF Birthday!!!

We have been having so much fun this month... the weather has been crazy!  It snowed and rained and then was really hot out.  We've taken so many trips and adventures! 

Had my 6 month doctor's appt today... I currently weigh in at 20 lbs 2.5 oz and am 27.5 inches long.  Dr. John told me that I am 97 percentile... not sure what it means but Daddy & Mommy were happy.  Dr. John also asked 2 times if we were there for the 6 month visit or the 9 month visit b/c he said I was doing things a 8 or 9 month old would be doing... Guess I am ahead of the game!  Should I keep up at this pace so Mommy & Daddy have to put gates up or should I just sit back and chill?

We pretty much tried all the Stage One foods... I definitely have my fav's (almost any fruit, squash, zucchini, peas)... and my "not so fav's" (green beans, sweet potato's, carrots)... Mommy tries to hide some of the foods I don't like though... I deal with it. I am really looking forward to Stage Two foods... I like the thicker consistency of the foods and Mommy says there are some cool ones that she thinks I will like... Next week we will try something new.  Dr. John told us that we can start yorgust cereal and biting cookies soon! I also have to start taking a vitamin - yucky! I also have two teeth now... They are my front 2 bottom teeth - check out the pictures below!


I am moving all over the place now... As you can see by my last posting, I am rolling over. Mostly on my left side.  I like sleeping on my belly nowall the time, although when I wake up in the nighttime, I find it hard to get comfy... I talk and make some noise.. which wakes mommy and daddy up - I feel bad about this but I miss them and want them to help me out.  The rolling started when I was in my crib at night but now I do it while I am on the floor playing.  But the thing is... once I get to my belly, I get bored kinda fast. I try to crawl but its just not working out so well right now. Maybe by next update... I like tummy time in the kitchen and on the floor at Gram's. I also love to play this "stand up / sit down game".... We will have to take a video and post it too!  I also know exactly how to get someone's attention when I want it now!  I can shreak loudly or do this deep cough thing that sounds sorta like a laugh and cough...

Sleeping is not something I am interested in these days... I want to stay up so I don't miss out on anything exciting.  I usually wake up by 7am for the day... Mommy tries to put me in for my first nap around 9 or 9:30am... Then I sleep for about 2 hours - mind you I still love my swing and Mommy lets me sleep in it for my morning nap.  I wake up and we have lunch... After lunch, when its nice, we go to the Park and meet up with my friends to play on the swings (Mommy likes this b/c the walking helps her feel better)... We come home around 3pm and Mommy tries this nap thing again but since I have been up so long I have a ton of energy and fight it!  Although Mommy puts me in my crib and lets me cry for longer these days... It upsets me but I think she is trying to teach me something... I wish I could just go to sleep but I miss mommy.  I know she wishes I would sleep too.  We eat around 5:30 and then play for a bit... Then Tubby Time is at 6:15pm... Mommy gives me a nice massage and then we rock together while I drink my last Baba.  Lately I am not falling asleep on mommy, I wriggle around until she just puts me in my crib.  But since I sleep on my belly now, it takes me a little bit to roll over in my sleepsack and find a comfy place in the corner of my crib.



Here are some great moments from this past month - see you soon!

She loves playing with fruit... this is an apple.

She rolled over, grabbed mommy's hat and started playing with it... so we put it on her head!

Just chilling out - we were waiting for Daddy to get home from work...
it was snowing hard outside he walked almost 4 miles to get home!

A fun day at the park with Mommy & Daddy

Sleepy little girl... rolling half way over...

A short visit with my grandpa... I always make him smile :)

Loving my sippy cup... it was a warm day out and the water was nice and cold!

My Uncle Robert came to the Turtle Back Zoo with us... he told me all about the animals!

A new trick... pulling myself up in the crib...

My Daddy & Maddie's Daddy pushing us on the swings!

Yeah ok so I am lazy... Sitting there watching TV...
I fell forward and did not feel like moving...
So I watched them like this...

With my cousin Hunter - He comes over to play with me after school somtimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment