Friday, December 2, 2011

Not just Kayla's world anymore!

After a few months of working at it, we can finally say that we are going to be another little person to our family in April 2012. In the beginning, it was all surreal b/c while we were excited to have another, we realized that our little threesome would grow... for better or worse.

The decision to have another baby was obviously both of ours but never did we understand how it would truly impact our world... just the pregnancy alone. This pregnancy is SO different than my first! I was nauseous again this time around but did not actually get sick nearly as much. The tiredness was overwhelming since my "day job" is very different and getting shut eye when I was not working was not an option... because the job is chasing a two year old around is much much different than sitting at a desk for 8 hrs a day (which included a nice lunch break that was usually spent in my car napping). I did not have to make meals for anyone else the 1st few wks since my husband was fully capable of pouring a bowl of cereal or nuking some mac n cheese! I also was not lifting a 32 pound human regularly or crawling around on the floor playing catch me or bending down to pickup legos, play food or plastic balls.... which seriouly leads to back pain unlike no other.

On the other hand, feeling a little person growing inside of you is also a feeling like no other in this world. And while I have not been as focused on a day to day basis with this little baby, the realization once he / she started kicking a few wks ago was just amazing. Kayla is totally enamored by my growing belly.. she talks to her baby brother / sister everyday and now sings it songs regularly... She also gets mad when I am tired and says "bad baby"...

So in coming months, our home will change even more since Miss Kayla is almost potty trained... the next adventure is getting her into a big girl bed and out of the crib since we will need the crib come April for the baby. We have furniture to buy and a room to setup but that will be way after the holidays come and go.

It's very true what they say about your 2nd child not getting as much attention as the 1st.... since you are spending time taking care of the family and your 1st child...







No comments:

Post a Comment